Sunday, December 15, 2013

I made the potstickers!

Well I knew it wasn't going to be long before I made those chicken potstickers but as predicted I made LOTS of changes. These were such a hit only 6 of them even made it to our plates, 3 each. We ate almost all of them right out of the pan before we could even finish cooking the rest of the meal! That is when you know you got something good going on!

The original recipe I found called for ground chicken, a jalapeno, rice vinegar, and ginger. I used none of those ingredients. I took a vegetarian approach to these and I wouldn't have changed a thing.
What you'll need:
15 wanton wrappers
6 stalks of asparagus
1 large carrot
5-6 baby bella mushrooms
1/2 small onion
olive oil
soy sauce
sesame oil

1. Dice up all of your veggies very very fine and cook in a satuee pan over med-high heat with a spash of soy sauce, sesame oil and olive oil (about 1 tsp each). Once cooked down this should make you roughly 3/4 cup of the filling.
2. Place about 1 tsp of the filling in the middle of the wanton. This is where things got interesting...I have no idea how to make them look like a proper potsticker...so I just folded the corner over to meed the other corner and I ended up with a small triangle package. Dip your finger in water and run it along the edge of the wanton to make the edges stick together when you fold it over. Press the edges together to make sure they are sealed.
3. Heat about 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over med-high heat and put in your prepared potstickers. Crisp them up for about 3 minutes each side then pour in about 1/4 cup water and cover your potstickers and let them steam until all of the water has evaporated.

They didn't even need any Hanna sauce! They were perfect just the way they were. I was kind of annoyed at first that the wantons were only sold in a package of like...100. But now I am THRILLED because I know I can make more of these tasty morsels! I know the finished product doesn't look quite as appetizing as the original picture, but they were delicious and that is what really matters...right?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment