Monday, December 9, 2013

Spicy sesame chicken pot stickers recipe

I am honestly surprised that I have never tried to make these before. Every time I go out for sushi I have to get an order of pot stickers, also known as Gyoza. I have never had them made with chicken before, and to be honest I don't know that I would make them that way. Typically they are made with pork and vegetables. I would most likely stick to veggies just because the meat just seems weird to me. But let's be honest, if you can get the outside nice and crispy it really doesn't even matter what is on the inside, it is going to be delish either way.

I also think some Hanna sauce would be the perfect accompaniment.

What you'll need:
4 cloves garlic
2 green onions
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1 jalapeno, minced
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/4 tsp ginger
1 lb ground chicken
20 wanton wrappers
olive oil




1. Mix together the first 8 ingredients
2. Place about 1 tsp of the mixture in the middle of the wanton wrapper. Dip your finger in water and run around the outside edge of the wrapper to moisten. Fold edge over filling and pinch closed.
3. Put about 2 tbsp of oil in a skillet over med-high heat and put in the wantons until the bottoms are nice and browned. Then add about 1/2 cup water to the skillet and turn down to medium and cover. Let them steam for about 5-7 minutes.

Any changes?
  • So I definitely would not make this many
  • I said I would not use the meat. I would use very finely shredded carrots, maybe finely dice up some asparagus? I don't know, whatever I have around.
  • I also never had ginger or rice vinegar on hand so I would skip those. But if you do have them, I would suggest using them. I think they would add a good flavor, but these could survive without them.
  • Lastly, I would not use a jalapeno. I don't think that would be the spice I want. I would add sriracha though of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment