Sunday, December 15, 2013

Linguine with shrimp scampi

Here is a little change of pace for everyone, a meal with no chicken! I thought this was going to be a really great idea and I don't know why...I don't love shrimp and Eric doesn't do seafood. So this went about as well as expected. The food turned out absolutely fabulous, it was a great recipe inspired by one from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa but both Eric and I found ourselves eating around the shrimp just because we don't eat them. I did have a few though and they had a great flavor.
So if you feel like branching out a little bit one night I do suggest this recipe. It was simple and had huge flavor. I really enjoyed it...now I just need to get myself to like shrimp and I would be making this all the time! 

What you'll need:
1 lb peeled deveined shrimp. I used frozen from a bag.
1 tbsp pesto
2 tbsp butter
Linguine noodles
1 tbsp lemon juice
asparagus
2 cloves garlic, minced

1. Start a pot of water with about 1/2 tbsp salt to boil and prepare your Linguine according to the package instructions. 
2. Prepare your asparagus by breaking off the bottoms and then slicing on an angle in 1-2 inch segments. Sautee them over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil for about 5 minutes until they are just lightly cooked through. Remove them from the pan and set aside. 
3. Mix your shrimp with 1 tbsp of pesto and have your pan at a med-low heat and melt your butter and cook with garlic for about 1 minute, careful not to burn the garlic. Now add the shrimp to the pan and add lemon juice. Cook for about 5 minutes, flipping shrimp around frequently until they just turn pink.
4. Return asparagus to your pan. Drain your pasta and put directly into the pan with the shrimp and asparagus and toss to coat pasta in pan sauce. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and some parsley if you have some. 

I hope all you shrimp lovers out there appreciate this recipe and enjoy it the way it should be enjoyed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment