Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Thai Scallop Saute Recipe

So as I have said before, we do not make scallops at home, or really any seafood for the matter because Eric won't eat it. But a girl can dream, right? So this one is dreamy and I always envision having girls night and really wowing them with a nice scallop dish. For that reason I will continue to put these on my wish list.

I found this recipe in my Taste of Home magazine and on the page with the recipe is a little tid bit for how to choose your scallops, which I feel like it the main reason I was drawn to this.
*"When purchasing sea scallops, look for large, firm ones that are while and intact. If they are starting to fall apart, it is a sign they may be a little past their prime"*

What you'll need:
3 tsp olive oil, divided
1 1/2 lb sea scallops
2 cups broccoli florets
2 medium onions, halved and sliced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
4 small carrots, sliced
1/4 cup Thai peanut sauce
salt
Hot cooked rice

1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium- high heat. Add half of the sea scallops; cook until firm and opaque, about2 minutes per side. Remove; repeat with an additional 1 tsp oil and the remaining scallops.
2. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; stir- fry until crisp-tender, 7-9 minutes. Stir in peanut sauce and salt as desired. Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Serve with the rice.

*Of note: this recipe has LESS than 300 calories. Woop!









No comments:

Post a Comment