Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Oreos & Candy Cane Chocolate Bark Recipe

There is no denying it any longer....I am getting hooked on baking. I have neverrrrrr been keen on baking. There are too many measurements and too many ingredients that I never have stocked in the house. The other thing is, since I have no idea what I am doing, I have a hard time straying from the recipe. So there is no substituting other things if I don't have the right ingredients. So anyway, I have been dabbling, and having a great time doing it. This year, since I am poor, I am thinking I will bake something to give to people for Christmas. This recipe caught my eye because, well, chocolate.


Image result for taste of home oreo and candy cane chocolate bark


What you'll need:
2 pkg (10oz each) dark chocolate chips
10 chocolate mint crème Oreo cookies (broken into chunks)
3/4 cups white baking chips
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
2 candy canes (crushed)


1. line 15x10in rimmed baking pan with parchment paper
2. In the top of a double boiler (or metal bowl over hot water) melt chocolate, stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cookie pieces and spear in prepared pan.
3. Microwave white baking chips until melted, stir every 30 seconds. Stir in extract. Drizzle over dark chocolate mixture and sprinkle with candy canes.
4. Cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.


I plan on heading to Hobby Lobby and getting some cute little bags and ribbon and wrapping them nice and handing them out.




No comments:

Post a Comment