Sunday, September 7, 2014

Spicy asian cucumbers

I have really been wanting to try my hand at pickling...but I am too intimidated ad I am not ready to invest in the equipment needed. So when I saw this recipe in my Foodnetwork magazine I thought it was a pretty good second? I don't know, they seemed like pickles and they were tasty, so I am ok with it. I do recommend that you eat these pretty soon after making them as they do tend to continue to release liquid so they can get sort of soggy.

What you'll need:
1 English cucumber
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 sliced scallions
1 minced garlic clove
pinch red pepper flakes




1. Cut cucumbers into 1/2 inch chunks and remove seeds. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Whisk together remaining ingredients in a bowl.
3. Drain cucumbers and toss with the dressing.

These are so simple and have HUGE flavor. Like I really recommend having gum on hand if you are going to eat these....lots of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment