Monday, January 13, 2014

Orzo and veggie salad recipe

This was my attempt at making the fresh corn salsa recipe I found...but I got carried away at the grocery store and just ended up making this delicious creation instead! I ended up making a huge batch of this and let me tell you, I ate it for EVERY meal until it was gone. I couldn't get enough of it. I had it as a side dish with a steak dinner, I had it by itself for lunch and for dinner, and someday I will make it as a dish to pass I'm sure.

What you'll need:
2 Hungarian Wax peppers (1 hot, 1 sweet), or your favorite bell peppers
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup green beans, chopped and steamed
1 can cannellini beans
3 stalks celery, chopped
3/4 cup uncooked orzo
3/4 cups Italian dressing
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1/2 lime, juice

1. Cook the orzo according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Chop all veggies so they are about the same size. Combine all veggies with orzo in a large bowl. Add cilantro, dressing and lime juice. Mix together and enjoy!


This was seriously phenomenal. I brought this for my first day as an intern lunch, I think everyone was impressed...I know I was while I was eating it!



No comments:

Post a Comment