Monday, January 20, 2014

Mushroom gravy recipe

This is another recipe I found in Taste of Home magazine which is actually for a sirloin steak and this mushroom gravy served on the side or over top of the steak. Since Eric already makes the best steaks in the whole wide world I am completely ignoring the steak recipe and just going straight for the gravy. I love mushrooms so much and I am always looking for new sauces to serve with my food, so naturally I was drawn to this one. Oh, and it has my other favorite ingredient; ROSEMARY!



What you'll need:
1/4 cup flour
1 cup beef broth
1/2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp rosemary, dried crushed
1/4 cup sherry or additional beef broth
1 tbsp butter

1. In large skillet over med-high heat cook and stir flour for 4-5 minutes or until light tan in color. Immediately transfer into a small bowl and whisk in beef broth until smooth. Set aside.
2. In same skillet saute mushrooms until tender. Add garlic, rosemary, and a pinch of salt; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the sherry. Stir flour mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute until thickened. Stir in butter until melted.

So in the original recipe the gravy mixture would be cooking in the same pan that the steak was cooked in to it would take on those leftover pan flavors, which I am sure would be reallllly good, but for now here is a simple gravy recipe for you to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment