Monday, January 20, 2014

Honey mustard kielbasa and potatoes recipe

Today was one of those "empty out the pantry" nights. It is back down to like -2 degrees here in Lansing, and that means this girl is NOT going out to the grocery store...time to improvise. I went with a package of kielbasa that was going to go bad soon, some potatoes that were just taking up too much space, and my very last onion. Throw in some seasoning and make a good sauce and we're good to go! This recipe was so hearty and flavorful. I am not a sausage eater, I think it has a weird texture, it freaks me out...just not for me. But tonight was another story. These little sausage pieces got crispy and caramelized and were perfect with the potatoes. This recipe is so easy and cheap it would be crazy for you to not try it.

What you'll need:
1 1/4 lb potatoes, about 4 (I used russet because thats what I had, but I would do baby reds in the future), cut into 1 inch pieces.
1 lb kielbasa, cut in 1/2 inch rounds
1 large onion cut into roughly 1 inch chunks
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
1/2 tbsp honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic salt. Transfer into a baking dish lined with tin foil sprayed well with cooking spray.
3. Bake for 55-60 minutes stirring once or twice, until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown.


Ta-da! Super easy and I had all of the ingredients just waiting to be used at my house. Perfect quick weeknight meal.

See Eric's contribution to the plate? Yes, those are green beans with crushed up Ritz crackers in them. I have never heard of it before, but it was actually really good....








No comments:

Post a Comment