Sunday, January 5, 2014

Loaded baked potato soup recipe

This recipe is an oldie but sure is a goodie! I haven't made this in a while but I really really enjoyed it when I did. Actually, I don't think I even had any leftovers with this one. I think we ate it all haha.

What you'll need:
4-5 baby red skin potatoes
6 tbsp thin sliced green onion
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
4 cups milk
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped

1. Cube up the potatoes (1/2 inch cubes) and toss them with some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes until tender.
2. In a large saucepan cook 3 tbsp of green onions in the butter over med heat until tender. Stir in flour and cook for about 3 minutes stirring constantly. Turn heat down to low and stir in milk whisking until all clumps of flour are combined. Let the mixture cook, continue to stir, for about 10 minutes until it is thick and bubbly.
3. Add potatoes, a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 cup of cheese. Stir to combine and melt cheese. Serve topped with a sprinkle of cheese, bacon, and green onions.

I ate mine with a grilled cheesie. Can you say comfort food?

No comments:

Post a Comment