Monday, December 16, 2013

Garlic tomato basil pasta salad recipe

This pasta salad is not your ordinary pasta salad...this is the pasta salad to end all pasta salads. The way the garlic is cooked along with the tomatoes give you HUGE flavor. I have a confession about this dish from when I made it, it is shameful but I am going to tell anyway. We were going to go to a fish fry over the summer and I said I would bring some dishes to pass. Well I made this pasta salad...and then I sat and ate it all! I just ended up bringing dip. Ooops! So words of wisdom: make this pasta salad and do not taste test, just pack it up and get moving. One taste and you won't stop.






What you'll need:
Seashell pasta or whatever you prefer. Whole grain if you would like to make it a little healthier.
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
olive oil

1. Place halved tomatoes, about 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper into a pan on med-low heat until garlic becomes aromatic and tomatoes start to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and put into a bowl and let the tomatoes continue to marinate in the oil for about 20 minutes.
2. While tomatoes are resting cook pasta according to package.
3. Drain pasta and toss with  tomato mixture until coated. Top with basil and parmesan cheese.

Now that is what I'm talking about! You can serve this hot or cold, it is good both ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment