Monday, December 9, 2013

Bruschetta chicken recipe

It has been quite some time since I have made this recipe because it is a chore to make Eric eat anything with tomatoes involved. I personally LOVE all things bruschetta though and I LOVED this chicken.

I am sure at this point you are beginning to see a theme...everything I make is with chicken. From about my sophomore year in highshool until about my junior year in college I ate almost no meat. I don't think that this would have changed either except once my "meat and potatoes" man came along our meals were just was not conducive. So I began experimenting with cooking meat (which was disastrous for a while) but chicken was just the best transition for me. It was much less intimidating than a big hunk of steak. Still to this day I tend to stick with chicken and tofu as my main source of protein but I do enjoy some good red meat every once in a while.

Back to the bruschetta chicken!

What you'll need:
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup crushed seasoned croutons
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tomatoes
3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and get your baking dish ready by greasing it. Put the flour into a large bag, the beaten eggs in one shallow bowl. Put chicken into flour and shake to coat then dip into eggs and put in the baking dish. In a separate bowl combine croutons, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil then sprinkle the mixture onto the top of the chicken breasts.
2. Loosely cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
3. While the chicken is cooking prepare your bruscetta topping. Chop tomatoes and combine with about 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, and basil. Spoon the mixture over the chicken. You can do this and put it back in the over for 5 minutes to heat the tomato mixture or you can serve it fresh. I prefer fresh!

*Some two for one recipe action here: the tomato mixture is the same recipe I use to make regular bruschetta but I like to add a little bit of garlic salt. Serve that over some toasted baguette slices and you are going to be oneee happy camper!


No comments:

Post a Comment