Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Lasagna soup recipe

Here we have another recipe from Taste of Home magazine. After reading the recipe I really didn't feel like this soup was the ingredients that I would have in a lasagna so that left me a little bit confused. I think I would either have to change the name of this or change some ingredients...to be determined. Either way the soup itself looks really good, as you can see.

What you'll need:
1 lb lean ground beef
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes
2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef broth
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tsp Italian seasoning
2 1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

1. In a large pot cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Drain then return to pot.
2. Stir in tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, corn, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and a pinch of pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and return to boil. Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-12 minutes until pasta is tender. Finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.

So my beef with this is that I do not make lasagna with corn or green peppers. I make it with zucchini, but I don't think that would hold up well and I don't like mushy zucchini at all. So my suggestions would be to go with asparagus and corn, mostly just because I prefer asparagus over green peppers. Maybe stir in some mozzarella cheese in the soup too...love my cheese!!

Seems basic enough! Could be a really great cold weather dinner I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment