Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Greek dip recipe

This is such a tastey little treat and so easy to put together and I almost forgot, HEALTHY! This is a great dip that you can make really simple and get all of the ingredients from your local grocery store, or something you can make really special by making a trip to your favorite Middle Eastern market. You can make this in any quantity you would like, this recipe is for a small appetizer size.

What you'll need:
1 cucumber
8 oz mixed olives, kalamata and green greek olives
1 medium tomato
8oz hummus, I like mine with a little spice but plain works great too
3 oz feta cheese
1 tsp olive oil
fresh dill (optional)

1. Spread a layer of hummus about 1/4 inch thick on the bottom of a serving dish. Chop the cucumber, olives, and tomatoes so they are close to uniform sizes and sprinkle them evenly over the hummus. Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with some chopped fresh dill if desired. I never have dill on hand but just to give it that extra salty zip I put a small drizzle of some liquid from a jar of pepperoncinis and it was perfect!
2. Serve with some pita bread slices.

Takes me right back to my arabic roots! My dad would be so proud...

No comments:

Post a Comment