Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chicken in wine sauce recipe

This is another recipe I found in Taste of Home magazine that sounded really simple and like something fairly light and healthy that was still hearty with the mushrooms. It really seems like the perfect weeknight dinner. I feel like everyone is thinking "oh, another chicken recipe" but it is what I always have on hand and what I prefer to eat just because I am honestly a little intimidated by other meat! Ahhhh! Sorry, but I still hope you enjoy this recipe, try it out and let me know how it turns out.

What you'll need:
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 egg
1 tbsp water
3/4 cup flour
1 carton sliced fresh onions
2/3 cup plum wine

1. Flatten the chicken breasts to 1/4 in thickness. In a shallow bowl whisk egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. Dip the chicken in egg mixture then coat with flour. 
2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 4-5 minutes each side. 
3. In the same skillet saute mushrooms until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid is reduced by half. Serve over chicken.

So changes for this recipe that I foresee: I have no idea where to get plum wine, and even if I did I probably wouldn't buy it and would just try my handy red wine that I use for cooking. Adding a small pat of butter would probably help make a nice silky smooth sauce. Also, I think I would add some more seasoning to the flour mixture, and by that I mean garlic salt...always garlic salt. I have never actually just breaded anything with egg and flour, I always do a bread crumb of some sort too so I am really curious about how this will turn out, although I know I would use olive oil in the pan and not cooking spray. Sounds really simple and quick though, I like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment