Sunday, November 10, 2019

Portobello Melts Recipe

This recipe is just a subtle reminder of how I used to eat prior to meeting my carnivorous man. Who knows how often I’ll get to make things like this, but it’s good to keep in my back pocket.  Now this recipe comes from Taste of Home. I already know I would not likely be using balsamic or dried basil if I have fresh basil in the garden, but this is how their recipe reads. Knowing me, I would skip the balsamic, just season with salt and pepper and olive oil.


What you’ll need:
2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed 
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried basil 
4 tomato slices
2 slices mozzarella cheese 
2 slices Italian bread 
Chopped fresh basil 

1. Preheat broiler. Place mushrooms in a shallow bowl. Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and dried basil. Brush onto both sides of mushroom. Let stand for 5 minutes. Reserve left over marinade. 
2. Broil mushrooms 4in from heat until tender, 3-4 mins per side. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 1 min. 
3. Brush bread with remaining marinade and broil until lightly toasted. Top with mushrooms and sprinkle with chopped basil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment