Sunday, September 7, 2014

Slider night recipes

Last night felt like a sneak peak of the rapidly approaching fall season. College football, beer and burgers, or in this case, sliders! I found some inspiration in one of Rachel Ray's magazines where she featured 12 different sliders. We chose to make the buffalo chicken as one of them and then just a plain meatball slider as the other. Unfortunately, we wolfed them down before I could take pictures...so today you will just have to use your imagination.

For the plain meatball sliders you'll need:
1/2 lb Ground beef
Slider buns
Sliced cheese (I used a really good chipotle cheddar)
Seasoned breadcrumbs
1 egg
I also added a blend of all my favorite burger seasonings

For the buffalo sliders you'll need:
1/2 lb Ground turkey
Slider buns
2 Tbsp Franks Red Hot
1/4 cup butter
Celery
Blue cheese dressing
Blend of my favorite chicken seasonings
1 egg
Italian breadcrumbs

1. In separate bowls mix together your meats and their respective seasonings. Each bowl should get one egg and about 1 cup of breadcrumbs. Mix the ingredients well and form into small pattys about 2 x 2 inches.
2. Using a grill pan or a skillet cook your slider pattys (cook the different types of meat separately, not in the same pan at the same time. I recommedn cleaning the pan between meats).
3. Melt your butter in the microwave or in a saucepan then add your Frank's Red Hot. This is your buffalo sauce. This can be drizzeled onto slider. Also thinly slice a few celery stalks, I used the mandolin. Top your buffalo slider with these for some crunch.
4. Assemble your sliders with all your favorite toppings. For the plain slider I did ketchup, mustard, crispy jalepenos, cheese, and lettuce. For the buffalo slider I did the blue cheese dressing, a drizzle of buffalo sauce, and the celery.


There was also a brisket slider on that list....maybe that will be next gameday! Go Green!

No comments:

Post a Comment