Saturday, December 21, 2013

Lemon rosemary Cornish game hen recipe

Let's just call today "Comfort food Saturday"...not very catchy but whatever. I am just going to keep sitting in my bed posting all my favorite cozy weekend recipes for you all to enjoy!
This was a dish that I was very hesitant to make because I was really intimidated by the actual act of eating one of these things! Of course Eric begged me to make them, so I did...but I was worried. I imagined that I would be digging through this bird scavenging meat off the bones, and that was just terrifying and totally unappetizing (sorry for the visual), but once they came out they were so irresistible I dug right in and scavenged away! They were amazing, I think I found and are every piece of meat that little bird had to offer. These were really fun to make, they look BEAUTIFUL and they are a great meal for a weekend night in with friends or family. 

What you'll need:
2 Cornish game hens (multiply this recipe for a family dinner if needed)
1 lemon, quartered
4 springs fresh rosemary
3 tbsp olive oil
1 whole garlic bulb
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup chicken broth

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 
2. Rub hens with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place one lemon wedge and one spring of rosemary in cavity of each hen.
3. Arrange in a heavy roasting pan and arrange garlic cloves around hens. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes then reduce heat to 350. 
4. In a mixing bowl whisk together wine, chicken broth and remaining oil. Pour over hens then continue roasting for 25 minutes longer, basting evenly every 10 minutes.
5. Remove cooked hens from pan and put juices and garlic into a sauce pan and boil for about 6 minutes until it begins to thicken. Spoon over hens and serve. 

Yum Yum Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment