Friday, December 27, 2013

Garlic-crusted roast rack of lamb recipe

Holy smokes this sounds so good. This would have been the PERFECT dish at my family's holiday dinner. Instead we had a ham, which is odd becuase my dad is Muslim. I think that from now on we make this! He would LOVE that.

Also, please note all of my dishes that I have found that encorporate rosemary! Makes me so happy!


What you'll need:
1 head garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 cup rosemary leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
2 racks of lamb, frenched, 2 lbs each

1. In a mini food processor, combine the garlic, rosemary and olive oil and process until the garlic is finely chopped. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and rub the garlic- rosemary oil all over them. Set the racks fat side up on a large rimmed baking sheet and let stand for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Roast the lamb in the upper third of the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the racks and roast for 10 minutes longer for medium-rare meat. Transfer the racks to a carving board, stand them upright and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Carve the racks in between the rib bones.

This is a very classic recipe with simple, fresh ingredients. Sign me up. I will be making this.

No comments:

Post a Comment