Friday, December 6, 2013

Chicken pot pie casserole recipe

I think this recipe might have been one of my very first Pinterest creations and is still easily in my top ten favorite things to make. It is the ULTIMATE in comfort food.

I try to sneak this recipe into the rotation as much as possible. The only bummer is that Eric had a tragic childhood experience with pot pie (we wont go into details), but needless to say he isn't to keen on having anything pot pie related so I have adopted this as my go-to dish when I am cooking for other people.

What you'll need:
1 rotisserie chicken, shred the meat (or buy the already shredded package if they have it)
2 cups frozen mixed veggies
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1 package of the pillsbury flaky biscuits

1. Put your shredded chicken into a large mixing bowl. Add your frozen veggies. what veggies you use is totally up to you...I LOVE corn and HATE carrots so I always sneak in some extra corn and get a mix that has no carrots (blehhh). Also add your cream of mushroom soup, water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Give it a good mix.
2. Put the mixture into a greased casserole dish and put it into a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
3. Pull out the casserole dish and lay your biscuits out on top of the "pot pie filling" and then pop it back into the oven for about 10-15 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through and golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment